Ancient Sanskrit holy texts, over 3,000 years old, make reference to a mysterious substance called Shilajit (Somalata), which they describe as the destroyer of weakness. A powerful ancient panacea for hormonal rejuvenation. This substance was prescribed for thousands of years for many different health problems and became a powerful tool in Ayurvedic Medicine.
Millions of years ago, before the Himalayas were formed, a lush garden flourished in a vast fertile valley. The vegetation in that primeval garden was trapped and preserved as the movement of the continents created the tallest mountain range in the world. Shilajit is formed through the long-term process of humification of these plant materials and the subsequent compression by layers of rock. The resulting humus is unlike other soil humus in that it consists of 60%-80% organic matter made up of a large variety of minerals, fulvic acid and humic acid.
Today, the monsoon rains and extreme freeze and thaw conditions work together to crack large rock formations, exposing the precious Shilajit. Because of its ancient nature, the vegetation was never exposed to any type of fertilizer, pesticide, herbicide, or pollution.
Principal benefits are:
- Sustained improvement in vitality, particularly sex drive and performance. (Shilajit is commonly referred to as Indian Viagra)
- Rejuvenation of the whole body with corresponding improvements in appearance (facial lines, sagging flesh, muscle tone) and recovery of youthful energy
- Typical loss of unwanted fat accumulated as a result of an aging related deterioration in metabolism
- Helps hold the barrier on osteoporosis through the provision of high quality calcium in an ionic form that the body can readily assimilate
- Helps with prostate problems and improves the function of the entire genitourinary system
- Acceleration of recovery processes whether the required recovery is the result of injury or strenuous exercise/over-exercise
- Blood sugar balancing
Mental function enhancement
Most people can use the Traditional Botanical Medicine Somalata formula with the exception of those who are prone to overheating. It works best with the companion, Great Essence support formula. Somalata is blended with Ashwaganda and the Vit C rich Amla.